Jan. 31, 2019
Investment Outlook Q4 2018
- Despite strong economic fundamentals market volatility persisted in 2018.
- Global equity markets tumbled and government bond markets rallied in the fourth quarter.
- Most countries are seeing declining leading economic indicators, which suggests a further slowdown in global growth next year.
- We expect positive equity market returns in 2019, albeit within the context of an environment that is showing increasing signs of being late cycle in character, and therefore volatile.
- A conservative, high-quality, sustainable investing philosophy should prove to be increasingly more valuable.